Preventative Health DC
We pride ourselves on being the forefront of preventative health and medicine in Washington DC. At Capital Medical Associates, our aim is to provide health and longevity for life. We spend the time with you that you’ve always wanted with a doctor. Our goal is to help you live well.
How to Live Well and Healthy
We like to not only meet the guidelines for care, but recommend standards to improve your quality of life. We follow guidelines and recommendations on preventive health screenings and to determine which services and tests are indicated. In addition we provide comprehensive physical exams that delve deeply into your family history, safety, health risks and on going monitoring for current medical concerns.
What is a Preventative Exam?
A preventative exam is focus more on helping you improving or maintaining your overall health of a patient. As compared to visiting our office when you are experiencing a health problem, the preventative health DC exam aims to help you focus on living well.
We provide the following preventative health DC screenings and services:
- Past medical, social and family history
- Complete physical exam and review of body systems
- Review of age & gender appropriate screening tests
- Women’s Health Exams
- Men’s Health Exams
- Diabetes Screenings and Management
- Counseling/anticipatory guidance/risk factor reduction interventions
- High Blood Pressure Screening and Treatment
- PrEP (Pre-Exposure Prophalaxis)
- Interpersonal and Domestic Violence Screening and Counseling
- Workplace Hazards