Searching for Washington DC’s Top Doctor’s
Is searching for the best doctors in Washington DC becoming more difficult than you thought it would be?
Finish your search with Capital Medical Associates for the best primary care solutions in Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC. Our searchable database of practicing protocols are meant to locally treat metro area and surrounding city patients.
As a top primary care doctor, your internist, Dr. Bruce Rashbaum, helps you maintain a healthy lifestyle.
When you get sick or injured your primary care provider makes sure you get the time, attention, and care you need to feel well again.
Dr. Rashbaum is a top rated primary care physician in the management of acute and chronic medical problems such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes and heart disease.
Internists in our practice also focus on preventive health care management, encouraging patients to take care in ways that preserve your health.
Internal Medicine at Capital Medical Associates providers take responsibility for making sure you get important health screenings, either because you may be at risk for certain medical problems or because they are recommended for people of your age and gender.
Internists are also skilled at evaluating injuries and diagnosing illnesses and managing the care of patients who have several different medical problems at the same time.
The DC General Practitioner / Internist will address your essential health needs by:
- Diagnose and treating your specific medical conditions
- Manage chronic diseases and conditions, including diabetes, cardiovascular disease, mental health, and other long-term conditions
- Focusing on risk prevention and annual screening for cancers
- Working health plans are constructed
- Medical communication, information, with accurate and secure records
- Coordinating your tests, treatments, specialist physician/surgeon partnerships
- Providing easy to understand guidance, insight and advice
Screening for Illness:
The main goal of internal medicine is to keep you healthy and leading a good lifestyle. Yearly screenings are a key tool and responsibility in this process, in order to help find conditions early on when they are most treatable.
Screenings are often used to check for illnesses such as cancer, diabetes, heart conditions, cholesterol levels and infections. We can help choose the right screening tests for you.
- Annual Wellness Visit
- Preventive Health Care
- Sick Visits – including strep testing
- Cardiovascular Health Screening
- Medical Weight Loss
- Travel Medicine / Travel Vaccinations – Tetanus/Diptheria/Pertusis, Hepatitis A&B, HPV, Polio, Pneumococcal, Shingles
- Employment/Immigration/School health forms completed
- Migraines / Headaches
- Aesthetic Procedures ( usually not covered by insurance)
- Stress Reduction
- STD prevention, treatment & screening
- HIV Post-Exposure Prophylaxis
- Chest Ray
- Carotid doppler screening
- EMG Screening (Electromyography)
Treatment of Serious Conditions
Managing a serious condition can be stressful and difficult for patients. Washington DC Primary Care specialist, Dr. Rashbaum’s, and his practice are committed to caring for each patient in a concerned and friendly way.
A high level of care is provided for serious conditions such as:
- Alzheimer’s disease and dementia
- Congestive heart failure
- High blood pressure/cholesterol
- Kidney disease
- Thyroid disorders
Through peer nomination, research, review and screening, we have comprised an extensive listing of the best Washington DC doctors. Included in your search results are helpful details on the doctor such as education, training and special expertise.
Physicians at Capital Medical Associates are among the best in the area — but don’t take our word for it.
Each year, our doctors are listed among the top 10 percent of the region’s physicians by Washington Post research and information company that publishes the annual guidebook, Top Doctors: Washington DC Metro Area.
A shorter version of this list appears each year in Washingtonian Magazine’s “Best Doctors” issue, which has used data compiled for the past eight years. The doctors in that issue represent the top 2 percent of DC-area physicians, as determined by Castle Connolly.