Dear Patients and Parents,
Our practice wanted to update you about what we do at Capital Medical Associates daily to minimize the exposure of our patients and staff members to any pathogens, including the new coronavirus, COVID-19.
We have consistently committed to and followed Universal Precautions for the welfare of our patients and staff. This includes:
1) Wearing new, disposable non-latex gloves while treating each patient.
2) Wearing a face mask covering our mouth and nose and protective eye wear while treating patients.
3) We use hand sanitizer between every patient.
4) Wiping the treatment chair, the counter tops and cabinets in the room after we see each patient with the highest-level disinfecting towelettes designed for hospitals and healthcare settings.
5) Bagging and heat sterilizing all our instruments.
In our non-treatment areas, we are increasing our diligence in wiping our counters and doorknobs multiple times during the day with disinfectant wipes. We have hand sanitizer available in the check-in and check-out desk counter for your use.
During this new normal with COVID-19 we ask our patients and families for the following considerations:
1) Please limit the number of family members attending appointments.
2) Please limit family members coming into the clinic with the patient, to those needed for the appointment.
3) If any member of your family is feeling ill, please call our office to reschedule your appointment or your child’s appointment.
We will continue to monitor various medical institutions and surgical association recommendations along with those of the CDC and other governmental departments and act accordingly. We hope our efforts help put you at ease. Please feel free to contact our office with any questions or concerns you may have during this time at (202) 822-6311.