Botox: The Wonder Drug
This anti-aging injection is the secret of celebrities and movie stars.
Since that time Botox has been approved to treat a number of medical conditions, making it the world’s LARGEST wonder DRUG!
Botox is now routinely used in the treatment of pain and other medical issues like sweating.
Issues that may be resolved by Botox injections include:
- Headaches – Botox injections have been clinically proven to improve migraine headaches and minstrel migraines in women. The treatment includes as many as one to forty injections in the face and neck. Some patients and clients may not find relief immediately and may require additional treatments to find relief. Botox is used to precisely paralyze muscle movement. In other words, slow down the muscles “over-activity” that causes migraines and headaches. The benefits of these injections should last for many years.
- Excessive Sweating –Botox is a preparation of protein which, when small doses are injected into the skin, blocks the nerves that supply the sweat glands. This prevents the glands from producing sweat. A Botox treatment is not a cure for hyperhidrosis, heavy sweating – it only provides temporary relief. It needs to be repeated every three to six months for maximum effect. Botox injections are routinely done “off label” in the treatment of hands or feet in hyperhidrosis clients.
- Arthritis – Many forms and types of arthritis exist, each of which with their own symptoms. Arthritis will affect the joints, ligaments, and can result in chronic pain that is unable to be treated with over the counter medications. Botox can free the tension in joints and ligaments around the knees.
- Back Pain – Studies have shown that treating back pain with the use of Botox injections can result in relief for up to four months. The injections are not painful and can be done same-day.
- Nerve Pain – Neuropathy, also referred to as nerve pain, is pain that can affect the hands, feet and legs. Research shows benefit when a Botox injection is administered just under the skin in the affected area. These are often times helpful to for those doing manual labor.
- Mild Sweating – Excessive sweating is more than just a nuisance. Individuals with hyperhidrosis can sweat uncontrollably even in cool temperatures. Mild sweating can be fixed with Botox. When injected it can be used to paralyze the nerve that sends the signal to the brain to sweat.
Botox Washington DC: The Injection Process
Dr. Rashbaum will review what to expect during the injection process. Patient instructions may vary, the use of blood thinners must be stopped before the procedure is done.
Most clients are able to handle the injection site discomfort that is associated with receiving Botox injections. Before beginning the process the area where the injections are to be made will be cleaned and sterilized.
Then, a thin needle will be used to place the Botox under the skin or in the muscle. Once the procedure is done, you may immediately resume your normal activities.